Return of the Jedi- costume standards
Endor Commando/Endor Rebel Soldier/Endor Trooper, Return of the Jedi
1. Cargo style pants (commercial BDU in rip stop or twill is acceptable-no sewing modifications needed) spray painted in a camouflage pattern
A NOTE REGARDING CAMO FOR ALL PIECES CALLING FOR CAMOUFLAGE:
Suggested paint colors below are “Design Master Corp” paint designations, an equivalent is acceptable
- Moss Green (heavy)
- Holiday Green (light)
- Hunter Green (light)
- Basil (heavy…primary color)
- Bright Olive – (small accents)
2. A beige/tan/sand colored long sleeve t-shirt
3. Boots- “Desert” style combat or hiking boots. Canvas/Natural upper Target Color: “Sand” FS 33531/RAL 1011 “Brown Beige”; Molded sole, with thick “lug” tread. The sole continues up over the front ½”/12mm of the toe. The original “Sierra” brand boots are kolibriusa.com out of production; however there are Israeli Scout Commando Boots that are very close in design and can be either purchased or used as a reference.
4. Gaiters – A tube of heavy Cotton/Natural fabric starting from the bridge of the foot (covering most of the laces) continuing up past the boot top to slightly below mid-calf. 5-8 sets of eyelets (depending on your measurements). No clear photos of the laces have been found yet; most likely surplus olive-green “para-cord” was used. Color: The originals appear to have been made from a tan or sand material, but were so heavily dyed and painted to appear used they look dark brown or olive when actually seen on screen.
5. Helmet consisting of an AN-H-15 cloth helmet (or replica) with a ribbed strip on the top, a replica rigid outer ring, and cloth bill
6. Olive Drab Belt with pouches
7. Short, light-colored leather work gloves
8. The following combinations are acceptable for formal for the upper torso in addition to the tan long sleeved shirt:
- A camo painted trenchcoat – camo paint should be applied to a tan trenchcoat, if tan trenchcoat/lab coat can not be obtained, you will have to dye trenchcoat/labcoat tan first and then camo paint.
- A camo painted snow jacket – camo paint must be applied to a tan base. Since snow jackets are by nature white in color, you must dye jacket tan first.
- Accurate capped sleeve vest with slash pockets and padded applique on right upper chest.
- Accurate capped sleeve vest with slash pockets and padded applique on right upper chest worn over a camo painted snow jacket.
Formal Requirements – choose one:
(Unless local laws prohibit or strongly discourage carrying anything that looks like a firearm)
3. Endor rifle
1. Web bandolier with replica accessories
2. Canvas military-style backpack-no nylon packs-screen accurate is two pocket pack.
3. Endor hardpack
4. Vest accessories such as rank badges and wrist comm.
For costumes submitted on or after 6/1/12. Standard by Phyllis (Schph Gochi) with Greg (Mac Bragg). Approved by Costume Standard Committee and LMO 5/21/12.
Endor Gunner, Return of the Jedi
1. Gray or tan jumpsuit with 4 leg pockets in front and a tabbed closure collar and tabbed closure on sleeves.
Gray jumpsuit with regular buttoned up pointed collar and 4 leg pockets in front.
2. Olive drab military style canvas/strapping belt
3. At least 2 olive drab pouches
4. Endor capped sleeved vest with quilted portion on upper right and slash pockets.
5. Rank badge
6. short gloves (tan, brown, or deerskin)
7. Tan gaiters with a seam down the front, siver strapping at top, and small black triangle to the inner part of gaiters.
8. Black round toe boots or shoes
Optional – must have one for formal
weathering on capped sleeved vest.
Standards written by Schph Gochi 11/1/11